After a long hiatus, Justin is back to talk about a system for discovering what people want, and building solutions they'll actually buy.
- A few Product People Club spots left!
- Feeling dizzy
- Mega Wednesday - live video at 10am every week
- Alen Klement's new JTBD book
The reason people buy a product is they imagine their lives better with that product, than without it.
Steps for discover product ideas.
1. Start with people
Choose an audience that...
- You know, understand, and like
- That buys things
- That congregates online
What group is already paying you for your time and expertise?
2. Research + listen
Places to do research online:
- Google (look at related keywords)
- Facebook Groups
- Facebook search
3. Create a hypothesis
As a math grad student I want an online course so that I can make it through my first year of grad school.
4. Test your hypothesis
What's the smallest "product" you could create that could disprove your hypothesis?
What you learn when you launch a tiny version:
- How hard is it to find customers?
- Did I hit a nerve? Did I identify the #1 pain?
- How hard is it to get people to pay?
- How satisfied were people with the solution?
- Do I like the customers?