Startups like Slack, Basecamp, and Freshbooks make millions of dollars in monthly recurring revenue by using a model called Software as a Service (SaaS).
Should you get into the business?
This episode isn't just for programmers and startup people! Lots of lessons for makers of all sorts.
- Had two separate friends from the internet visit me this past week! Photos.
- Justin's book is out! He's sold 666 copies so far. He'd like to get to 1,000 copies. Get a special podcast deal here.
- See Jolt's books reviews.
- The fiery blog post: SaaS is ripe for disruption. Have we reached peak SaaS?
- Commander Keen
- What's a BBS?
- Examples of SaaS companies: Freshbooks, MailChimp, Squarespace. You pay a monthly fee, and access the software via your web browser.
- Rob Walling on episode 292 of Startups for the Rest of Us
- Our theme music is by Striker-Metal.com
- Podcast hosting by Simplecast.fm
- Follow Justin on Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat: mijustin
Want to support the show?
The only way I can keep making cool stuff (like this podcast) is if fans support the show! There's two ways you can help: