The biggest risk to creative work is curated perfectionism. It's happening in music, art, film, and on the web. Everyone wants a flawless portfolio and will only publish perfect work.
The challenge is that perfectionism can be restrictive. It can hold us back from experimenting, or putting out more work.
To make better stuff, we're going to need to get weird.
In this episode Justin talks about texting 150 strangers, and reveals how they replied.
- History of the World Wide Web
- Jonas Downey's article: A rallying cry for the Weird Wild Web
- Examples of weird web design
- Levi Allen and his film: Untethered
- Secret maker challenge #1: send me your doodles
- Secret maker challenge #2: text me your first thought
- Listening to the show? Tweet @mijustin
- Have you left a review yet?
"Quantity produces quality. If you only write a few things, you're doomed." - Ray Bradbury